It is great to see more bakers busy at home. Here is a video to help you make gingerbread people at home. Thanks Margaret and family! The recipe is below.
- 250g plain flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 75g butter
- 75g brown sugar
- 50g golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bread soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add bread soda, the egg yolk and golden syrup and mix well.
- Sift flour and spices into a bowl and then mix well with the other ingredients.
- Shape into a ball and then knead lightly. Make it into a ball.
- Cover the dough and chill it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Thinly roll out the dough and use a cutter if you have one.
- Put them on a greased baking sheet and put them in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- When cool, decorate them!