All you need is a straw, some paper, a pair of scissors and tape. Cut the paper into strips. Make one large loop and one small loop. Tape the loops to the ends of the straw. Then test your plane!
Change up the variables to see how you can make your plane fly the farthest. Here are some variables to try:
- Which works better: thin paper, tick paper or card?
- Try making different-sized loops.
- Change the length of the straw.
- Throw it with great or light force.
- Hold the plane towards the front or towards the back when throwing.
- What happens when you throw the plane with the large loop in the front?
- Will it work if you attach the loops to a pencil or stick?