If you are interested in pre-enrolling your child for junior infants (4- to 5-year-olds) for September 2018 or subsequent years, please do so below. Enrolment is also open for senior infants, first class, second class and third class. We regret that we are unable to accept pre-enrolments for other classes at this time.
For further information contact:
Matt Wallen, Principal
091 573023 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- Each child will be placed on the list according to the pre-enrolment number. If parents have twins/triplets, the children will be put on the list one after the other.
- Junior infants are entitled to start in the school if they are 4 on or before 1st June in the year they are due to start school. Parents can choose to pre-enrol their child for that year or for the following year when he/she would be 5.
- Class lists will be kept for each year. Children will be ranked in pre-enrolment number order on these lists.
- No guarantees of places are given or implied by pre-enrolment. Our enrolment policy does not include a sibling right-of-entry. Therefore, please complete an enrolment for all siblings individually.
- Children will be offered places strictly following the ranking of the pre-enrolment numbers on the pre-enrolment list. Places will be allocated on a ʻfirst-come, first-servedʼ basis on a per class basis.
- Parents must respond in writing to confirm an offered place for their child within 14 days of that offer being made. Failure to respond within 14 days will result in their childʼs place on the pre-enrolment list being forfeited.
- Parents pre-enrolling Junior Infants may defer the childʼs place for one year, providing the child will be under 6 by 1st September of the year that he/she starts school. This means that the child will be placed on the list for the following year according to the original pre-enrolment number. This does not guarantee an offer of a place as places will be allocated strictly following the ranking of the pre-enrolment numbers on the pre-enrolment list.
- Junior infants, who have taken up an offer in the school, and defer after the school year has started, will be treated as if the deferral had taken place before actual enrolment. Junior infantsʼ actual enrolment may be deferred for a maximum of one year. Placement order in following yearʼs pre-enrolment list will be in accordance with original pre-enrolment number (i.e. as if they had originally pre-enrolled for the deferred year).
- Where there is excess demand for school places, and a child is not offered a place, the parent should speak to the school regarding enrolling the child for the following year. It is important to note that this does not happen automatically.
- If a child leaves during the school year, his/her place may be back-filled. The place may be offered to the next person on the list for the same class. If there is no child on the list for the same class who wishes to take up the offer, the place may be offered to a child on the list for a different class. This will be decided in conjunction with the Principal and the Board of Management.
- It is the sole responsibility of the parents to inform the School promptly of any change of address, telephone number or other relevant circumstances.
- Please read our enrolment policy for further details.